LIMITED WRITTEN WORK. JUST LEARNING FROM INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS AND DOING!
Two-Year Musical Theatre Programme
We offer a Two-Year Intensive Musical Theatre Programme designed for those who require a stronger foundation in musical theatre before embarking on our intensive flagship programme. We spend the first year giving you the security of feeling that you have all the basics down before launching you into the challenge of the second year, our one-year musical theatre courses.
Specialising in the American style of performance – the no pain, no gain work ethic – the programme, taught by working West End and Broadway performers, is designed to challenge and push you to your maximum, to get you used to working with top industry professionals from both sides of the Atlantic.
- Two Years Total Training – One year of foundation training followed by joining the one year intensive flagship musical theatre course.
- Stagecraft Training – A comprehensive foundation in the three major disciplines (acting, singing and dance). Learn from industry professionals who are in the business NOW!
- Act, Sing, Dance Daily – We focus on ALL of the disciplines of musical theatre, not just some of them! Weekly, private voice lessons are also included in our musical theatre courses.
- Progression to the One-Year Program – at the end of your foundation year you will be ready to take on the one year flagship program where you will train in London and New York (partway through your year).
One-Year Intensive Acting Programme
If you want a career in film, TV and stage acting and already have a strong foundation in acting then this One-Year Intensive Acting Programme is for you.
The aim of this program is to provide intensive acting training in both stage and screen. Specialising in the American style of performance – the no pain, no gain work ethic – the programme, taught by working West End and American TV and film professionals, is designed to challenge and push you to your maximum, to get you used to working with top industry professionals from both sides of the Atlantic.
Plus, you will learn the basics in Musical Theatre to provide you the versatility you will want when you enter the industry.
- Learn the Business: Show-business can be a very daunting industry. We will teach you the business and coping skills you will need to be self-employed in this industry and then be there to advise you throughout your career.
- Showcasing ands Networking Opportunities: Our Professional Panel at the end of the year is an opportunity of a lifetime. Just you, just them (agents, casting agents, and directors). Each student gets his or her own time to shine in front of the panel of professionals from the industry. Many of our students receive representation (agents) this way.
- Intro to Musical Theatre: Add mores ‘strings to your bow’. Weekly, private voice lessons are also included in the program. This is included on our musical theatre courses as well as movement and ensemble singing.
- Study in New York: You will perform for Broadway/TV/Film directors and other industry names, who will assess your talent. By the end of the year, you will really understand how creative minds work on both sides of the Atlantic.
- Perform in London: You will do public performances during your training in London. Invitations will be sent to agents and casting agents.
Part-Time Musical Theatre Foundation Programme
Our part-time musical theatre foundation programme is designed to give the student the fundamental tools in all disciplines of Musical Theatre (acting, singing and dancing). This is suited to individuals wishing to audition for a full-time training program to ensure their best chance of success or for those who want to see if Musical Theatre is an option for a future career.
- Singing technique
- Ensemble singing
- Body conditioning
- Acting methods
- Acting through song
- Repertoire classes
- Dialect/Accent coaching
- Audition technique
- Script analysis
- Character study
Duration: 28 Weeks
Timings: Mondays and Wednesday evenings from 6.30 – 9.30pm
Upon Completion: Students will receive a certificate of completion and free application and audition to AMTA’s full-time Musical Theatre or Acting programmes.