You can’t come to London without enjoying a world class West End show, so take a look at the best London musicals this year, based on ticket sales.
1. The Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre
2. The Phantom of the Opera at Her Majesty’s Theatre
3. Wicked at the Apollo Victoria
4. Mamma Mia! at the Novello Theatre
5. Thriller-Live at the Lyric Theatre
6. Billy Elliot: The Musical at the Victoria Palace Theatre
7. Les Misérables at the Queen’s Theatre
8. The Book of Mormon at the Prince of Wales Theatre
9. The Commitments at the Palace Theatre
10. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at Theatre Royal Drury Lane
You can buy your tickets online before you arrive in London but while you’re here you can visit the tkts booth in Leicester Square where you can get half-price and discounted theatre tickets on the day of the show, and up to a week in advance. If you want to see a specific production, you can also go directly to that theatre’s box office for the chance to buy standby theatre tickets or returns.
A word of warning though, please make sure you buy your tickets from legitimate agents, such as STAR members (The Society of Ticket Agents & Retailers) and always ask to see the “face value” of the ticket (the price printed on the ticket) as ticket agents always charge a booking fee which should be no more than 25% of the face value.